The AdwareFinder is a malicious computer virus that comes under the category of adware infections. This recently discovered adware is capable of making the system completely useless if not removed effectively. Once the AdwareFinder enters in your PC, it will display tons of the pop-up ads whenever you try to surf on the web, and you are unable to perform any important task because of these pop-ups. These pop-ups are related to the commercial advertisement, fake alerts, fake errors messages, discounted coupons, etc. This nasty adware infection also keeps redirecting you towards compromised web pages where you can get additional infections. This malicious application can block your access to the legitimate websites. Besides that, the performance of the system affected badly once this infection start performing its harmful activities. You will notice more frequent browser crashes without any reason. Your home page, default search engine, and desktop are modified without your permission, and you will see a number of new icons on your desktop.
The Manual Removal of AdwareFinder
When it becomes obvious that your PC is under attack by the AdwareFinder virus, you have to make decision which way you want to get rid of this lethal adware. The AdwareFinder virus can be removed automatically, and also manually. The more experienced users can try the manual removal method as per following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before doing anything else, you have to boot the infected machine in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the PC so that the normal mode can be terminated, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting to get the access of the boot options. You have to choose the Safe Mode option from the list appears on the screen to start the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You can delete the associated process of the AdwareFinder virus by starting the windows task manager. Once the task manager is accessed, click on the processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background of your PC. You need to delete the following suspicious processes one by one through the End Process button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and locate the following suspicious files so that the associated data of the AdwareFinder can be removed:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to access the registry editor by clicking on the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to open the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries of the AdwareFinder by using the registry editor in order to remove the modifications made by this infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AdwareFinder\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AdwareFinder\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AdwareFinder\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AdwareFinder\DisplayName AdwareFinder
Reboot the PC in the normal mode after closing the registry editor window, and update the existing antivirus to scan the system for infections.