The ADWARE/bProtect.D is a computer virus that is categorized as an adware, and developed by the cyber crooks with the clear motive t hijack the browsing activity of the user and make money through cyber crimes as well as other unethical ways. The ADWARE/bProtect.D starts displaying the pop-up ads, commercial ads, coupon ads, sponsored links, and all other type of ads of popular shopping websites. This malicious application enters in the computer via spam emails, p2p sharing of files, suspicious social media links, and visiting porn sites. The ADWARE/bProtect.D virus adds a lot of arbitrary files that put too much load on the system resources, and you will see the huge difference in the performance of the system. Besides that, this adware infection also used by the notorious cyber criminals in stealing your financial data which eventually used in the cyber crimes.
The Manual Removal of ADWARE/bProtect.D
Once you see this malicious application in your computer, you have to decide immediately how you want to get rid of this. There are reliable automatic removal tools available through which you can remove this application within a few clicks of your mouse. However; the instructions for the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to boot the system in the safe mode to access many of important system utilities that you cannot access while remaining in the normal mode. Restart the computer, and use the F8 key to see the screen where you can choose the Safe mode. Once the options regarding booting appears on the screen select the Safe Mode and hit the Enter key that leads you towards safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is removal of the malicious processes associated with the ADWARE/bProtect.D virus. Access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab, to remove of the following associated processes of this nasty adware infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once the above mentioned steps are completed, you have to access the system files folder through file explorer, and delete the following associated files of the ADWARE/bProtect.D virus by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal of the ADWARE/bProtect.D virus completes when you remove the alterations made in the registry section of your windows operating system. You have to access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the Start menu, and type regedit before pressing the enter key. Once the registry editor is available on your screen, remove the following associated entries of the ADWARE/bProtect.D:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE/bProtect.D\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE/bProtect.D\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE/bProtect.D\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE/bProtect.D\DisplayName ADWARE/bProtect.D
Restart the system, and if the check whether this malicious adware infection is removed successfully or not. Run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus program.