The Adware.Win32.Linkular is a newly discovered adware infection that installed on the windows based computers without notifying the users, and start performing illegal activities on the computer. This malicious adware can infect all the major browsers including the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. Once installed, this infection will chanmnge the basic internet settings including the home page, default search provider, and desktop background. Besides that, it will keep redirecting all the searching efforts of the users towards unknown websites where you can get additional parasites. The hackers use this adware for commercial purposes by displaying the pop-up ads, and convince the users to purchase the products from unknown suppliers. Besides that, this malicious application also provides you the discounted coupon offers. The Adware.Win32.Linkular is also a resource eater as it utilizes most of the resources installed on the system.
The Manual Removal of Adware.Win32.Linkular
Once you detect the symptoms of the Adware.Win32.Linkular on your computer, you have to find an effective way that deletes this virus completely from the system. You can do this either manually or by using any automatic removal tool. The manual removal of the Adware.Win32.Linkular is extremely difficult and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to boot the infected machine in the safe mode so that you can proceed to remove this infection manually. You have to terminate the normal mode by restarting the system, and using the F8 key to see the list of options. Select the safe mode from the boot options menu and press the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next important step of the manual removal process is the removal of the associated processes of the Adware.Win32.Linkular. In this regard, start the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the “Processes” tab to delete the following malicious processes associated with the Adware.Win32.Linkular:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of the manual removal process is the removal of the associated data. Open the file explorer, and access the system files folder where you have to delete the following files with the help of Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\ADWARE.WIN32.LINKULAR .lnk
- %Programs%\ADWARE.WIN32.LINKULAR \ADWARE.WIN32.LINKULAR .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last step of the manual removal process is cleaning the windows registry by opening the registry editor. You have to access the start menu, click on the Run option, and write “regedit.exe” in the box before pressing the OK button to open the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE.WIN32.LINKULAR \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE.WIN32.LINKULAR \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE.WIN32.LINKULAR \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE.WIN32.LINKULAR \DisplayName ADWARE.WIN32.LINKULAR
Restart the computer once again but this time in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to remove the Adware.Win32.Linkular manually.