This adware program is actually a spyware which is used as a tool by the hackers to get the access of the windows based computers. After collecting all the important data including your financial credentials, the data will be sent to the online criminals in a collective form who then use this information for the fraudulent purposes. It has the ability to redirect all the legitimate searches towards unknown websites, and also modify the crucial settings on your PC. Besides that, this malicious application also displays the annoying pop-up ads on the screen. These types of spyware are designed with the advanced level codes; therefore, it is not easy to detect such parasites through normal antivirus program. You will also see there are a number of unknown toolbars installed on your browser.
The Manual Removal of Adware.Vdownloader
When the presence of the Adware.Vdownloader is confirmed, you have to remove it quickly. If you like, you can delete this virus manually, but for the basic level users we recommend automatic removal tools. Following are the detailed instructions to remove this virus manually:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You have to boot your system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. In this regard, you have to restart the PC, and use the F8 key to see the boot options list. Select the safe mode from the list of boot options and press the enter key to restart your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
You have to delete the following are suspicious processes of the system. You can find these processes under the processes tab in the windows task manager. The task manager can be accessed by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Following are some of the files that you need to remove quickly from the system files folder by using the delete key.:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you also need to get rid of the suspicious entries created or modified in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to open the “Start” menu, select “Run”, and type “RegEdit” in the box to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find as well as delete the following entries from the list, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Vdownloader\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Vdownloader\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Vdownloader\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Vdownloader\DisplayName Adware.Vdownloader
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see whether you have removed the virus effectively or otherwise.