The Adware.Vaudix is a recently detected computer infection that falls under the category of adware infections. This dangerous malware attacked thousands of windows based PCs in the recent months, and often this infection enter in the system without notifying the user. The Adware.Vaudix installs on the system as a browser extension, and can infect all the major browsers including the Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome. Whenever you try to download any freeware, you will get this malicious virus inside your PC. The Adware.Vaudix can threaten the users by performing several harmful activities such as generating BSOD error, modifying windows firewall, creating corrupt entries in the windows registry, making the system super slow, and displaying annoying pop-up ads. This dangerous adware is developed wisely, and can replicate itself. After hiding itself deep in the roots of the system files, it keeps changing its name as well as location to avoid any removal effort.
The Manual Removal of Adware.Vaudix
Once the system becomes the victim of the Adware.Vaudix infection, you have to find a method that can get rid of this adware program swiftly. The Adware.Vaudix infection can be removed either manually by following the complicated instructions or automatically through any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal steps of this malicious application are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot perform manual removal by remaining in the normal mode of operation; therefore, first of all, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the infected computer, and keep pressing the F8 key while the system is restarting to see the list of boot options on the screen. Once the list is accessed, you have to select the Safe mode option, and hit the Enter to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You must access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to get rid of the associated processes of this adware virus. Select the processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background. Remove the following associated process by using the End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following malicious files along with their folders from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the last step of this process you have to remove the corrupt entries created by the Adware.Vaudix virus from the windows registry. Open the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following suspicious entries associated with this nasty adware infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Vaudix\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Vaudix\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Vaudix\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Vaudix\DisplayName Adware.Vaudix
Restart the system after closing the registry editor and run a complete system scan through an updated version of your antivirus program.