The Adware.Shopping4Causes is a dangerous application that is categorized as an adware. The Adware.Shopping4Causes is used by the hackers to promote unauthenticated products, and make commissions. Once installed, this malicious virus runs annoying pop-up ads on the screen of the infected machine, and it is almost impossible for you to perform browsing on that system. The international hackers use this application not only for the promotional purpose, but also for stealing the most confidential data stored on that computer. This precious information is then used for the purpose of making money through illegal means, and online frauds. Once installed, it has the ability to redirect all your searches towards phishing websites, and make your browsing speed extremely slow. This notorious adware can damage your computer permanently if you do not remove this immediately.
The Manual Removal of Adware.Shopping4Causes
Once it is confirmed that your system is compromised to the Adware.Shopping4Causes, you have to delete this deadly dangerous adware application immediately. You can get rid of this virus either with the help of any reliable automatic software or by using the manual removal method. The manual removal of this virus is also possible, but not easy. The instructions for manual removal are as under:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
First you have to restart the infected system, and access the boot option menu with the help of F8 key. In the boot options, you have to select the safe mode option from the list, and hit the Enter key to start the machine in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
The manual removal process starts from the killing of associated processes of the Adware.Shopping4Causes. In this regard, you need to open the task manager window with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager is accessed, you have to select the Processes tab. Under this tab you can see all the processes that are running in your computer. You have to find and delete the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
The next step of this complicated process is getting rid of the suspicious files. Following are some of the files that are considered as associated files of this threat:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, click on the Run option, type Regedit in the box, and press OK button to access the registry editor where you can modify or remove the malicious entries created by the Adware.Shopping4Causes. Once the registry editor is started, you have to navigate to the following entries, and delete them one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Shopping4Causes\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Shopping4Causes\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Shopping4Causes\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Shopping4Causes\DisplayName Adware.Shopping4Causes
In the end, you have to restart the system in the normal mode to evaluate the success of the manual removal method, and update the existing antivirus software.