The Adware.Saveshare is relatively new adware virus that has infected thousands of the windows based systems all over the world. This malicious application is entered in the computer secretly, and after settling down, it starts performing the malicious activities within the system. This tricky adware can infect most of the popular browsers including the Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. Once installed, the Adware.Saveshare can change the crucial browser settings resultantly your home page, default browser, and desktop background modified. Once installed, this malicious application redirects all your searching efforts towards unknown websites. Besides that, this virus has the ability to install additional parasites by disabling the antivirus program and other security tools. This virus is also capable of running annoying pop-up ads on the screen which makes it impossible for the user to perform any task on the infected computer. The notorious hackers use this tool to steal some the financial credentials of the user that can be used in the online frauds. This virus also makes your system extremely slow by eating the system resources.
The Manual Removal of Adware.Saveshare
After getting infected from the Adware.Saveshare , you have to find a way to get rid of this virus . You can delete this dangerous adware manually, as well as automatically. The chances of the success of manual removal depend on the experience of the user. Following are the instructions for manual removal of this infection:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
In order to terminate the normal mode, you have to restart the computer and press F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are accessed, you have to select the safe mode option and hit the enter key to restart the computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Open the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and once the task manager is visible on the screen, you have to select the process tab in that window where you can see all the running process. Delete the following associated processes from the list by selecting them one by one and pressing the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once you are done with the processes, you have to delete the following associated files of this virus from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally you have to clean the windows registry by accessing the registry editor through Run option available in the start menu type RegEdit in the box and press enter. Once you have opened the registry editor, find and delete the following suspicious entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Saveshare\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Saveshare\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Saveshare\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Saveshare\DisplayName Adware.Saveshare
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the success of the manual removal process. Update the antivirus before running a complete system scan.