The Adware.Roozz is a new variation of the series of the adware infections released by the notorious hackers recently. This malicious application enters in the windows based PCs secretly, and hide itself deep in the roots of the system files folder. Once installed, the Adware.Roozz runs annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your PC due to which it becomes impossible for you to perform your daily tasks. This tricky adware changes the browser and internet settings soon after it enters into the computer, and you will feel that the system starts behaving weirdly. Whenever you try to search anything, you will find that all of your searches are redirected towards unwanted sites. You will also notice that the system is working much slower than its normal speed, and most of the internet settings including the default search engine as well as the desktop background also changed.
The Manual Removal of Adware.Roozz
Once the presence of the Adware.Roozz virus is confirmed, the next most important thing is the removal of this infection not only quickly but effectively. There are some reliable automatic removal tools available to get rid of this adware program, but you can also remove this virus manually. The manual removal method is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before start removing the associated data, and processes you have to start your PC in the safe mode. Reboot the PC and use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Once the boot options are accessed, select the safe mode option and press the enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Once the task manager is accessed, click on the processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background. You have to delete the following suspicious associated processes from the list one by one by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to delete the following files along with their folders hidden in the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this complicated process is, reversing the modification made by this virus in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by executing the “RegEdit” command through the “Run” option available in the “Start Menu”. Once you are able to see the registry editor, delete the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Roozz\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Roozz\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Roozz\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Roozz\DisplayName Adware.Roozz
Do not forget to restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see whether the manual removal is successful or otherwise. Besides that you also need to run a complete system scan on the system through an updated version of any reliable antivirus software.