The Adware.RapidFinda is a dangerous computer infection categorized as a Trojan virus and attacks the windows based computers secretly. Once installed, the Adware.RapidFinda can cause a number of critical issues in your computer and disturbs the normal functioning of the computer. This malic0ous application always spreads along with other malware by using the vulnerabilities available in your computer security. One of the most dangerous functions of this tricky adware is, it modifies the windows registry to hide itself deep in the roots. This tricky virus used by the hackers to display countless pop-up ads on the screen which do not allow you to perform any task on your computer. This deadly dangerous adware is also used to record your browsing history, and also provide remote access to the hackers towards the sensitive information stored in your PC. All such factors make this adware virus a serious threat to your computer as well as data.
The Manual Removal of Adware.RapidFinda
After detecting this malicious adware on your PC, you have to find an effective way of removing this virus permanently. You can get rid of the Adware.RapidFinda manually as well as automatically; however, the automatic method is convenient for the novice users. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
You can terminate the normal mode by restarting the system, and using the F8 key to see the boot options menu while the system is restarted. You have to select the safe mode option from the boot options list and hit the enter key to operate the system in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system is being operated in the safe mode, you have to remove the processes that are created by this dangerous adware program. You can do this by starting the windows task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Click the processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of running processes and remove the following processes associated with the Adware.RapidFinda:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After removing the processes, you have to get rid of the following associated files of this threat:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end do not forget to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry by using the registry editor. You must access he Registry Editor by using the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Delete the following corrupt entries from the windows registry and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.RapidFinda\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.RapidFinda\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.RapidFinda\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.RapidFinda\DisplayName Adware.RapidFinda
To check the effectiveness of the manual removal process, you have to reboot the computer once again in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan on your system after updating your current antivirus software to remove the infections caused by this adware virus.