The Adware.Qvod is a nasty adware infection that can be extremely harmful to the system resources as well as data stored in the system. This malicious application slips in the system without getting the consent of the user, and once it enters inside the computer, it replicates itself very quickly. The Adware.Qvod is a complicated adware that is used by the hackers to display tons of pop-up ads on the screen of the targeted computer. All such ads are related to commercial advertisement campaigns, and other black hat SEO techniques. The hackers use this virus as a tool to generate traffic to their affiliate sites, and gain the monetary benefits in the shape of commissions from the pay per click programs. You will notice several forced changes in your computer without your permission. These changes may include the windows registry, desktop background, home page, and windows firewall. Furthermore, this malicious adware program contains the dangerous keyloggers to steal the highly confidential details that can be used in the online frauds. Once this malicious application makes its way in the computer, the remote hackers can access your PC anytime without your permission.
Removal of Adware.Qvod
The Adware.Qvod is a dangerous computer worm that is required to be removed as soon as you found it on your PC. In this regard, the automatic method is available that is easy, and ideal for the basic level computer users. On the other hand, the manual removal of this virus is also possible that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot start the manual removal of this adware unless you do not boot the infected system in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the computer, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Choose the safe mode once you are able to access the list before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab under the task manager window to remove the following associated processes of the Adware.Qvod before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, proceed with the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of this adware infection with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this process is cleaning the windows registry by removing the corrupt entries created by this virus. In this regard, you have to open the registry editor by running the Regedit command through the start menu, and remove the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Qvod\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Qvod\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Qvod\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Qvod\DisplayName Adware.Qvod
Close the registry editor, and restart the PC in the normal mode. Update your existing antivirus before running a complete system scan.