The Adware.Packed.Ranver is another variation of recently discovered adware computer infections that sneaks in the system without getting consent from the user, and perform several annoying activities. This lethal infection can be spread through attachments received via spam emails, social media links, and unsafe browsing. This malicious application bundled with some redirect virus that keeps diverting your searches towards unwanted places. Besides that, the Adware.Packed.Ranver hijacks your browsing completely by taking full control of your search engine. It modifies the windows registry, and disables your security tools to further destabilize the system. The Adware.Packed.Ranver is also used by the cyber criminals to access the personal information of the user including the financial details. This information is then used by these criminals in online frauds and other cyber crimes. It has the ability to corrupt your system files, and make your PC super slow.
The Manual Removal of Adware.Packed.Ranver
You can remove this virus manually after confirming the presence, but keep in mind that the manual removal is extremely hard that consists of several complicated steps. There are automatic removal methods available through which you can easily and quickly remove the Adware.Packed.Ranver. The instructions for the manual removal of this adware as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the computer, and use the F8 key to access the screen where you can select the Safe mode option. Once you can see booting options on your screen, select the Safe Mode and hit the Enter key that leads you towards safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
After successfully booting the system in the safe mode, the next step of this process is, removal of the malicious processes associated with the Adware.Packed.Ranver. Access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab, to delete of the following associated processes of this lethal adware program before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the processes, you have to find as well as delete the following files associated with the Adware.Packed.Ranver virus, and hidden deep in the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You cannot say the Adware.Packed.Ranver is removed successfully unless the modifications from the windows registry cannot be removed. You have to access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the Start menu, and type regedit in the box before pressing the enter key. Once the registry editor is available on your screen, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the Adware.Packed.Ranver infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Packed.Ranver\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Packed.Ranver\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Packed.Ranver\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Packed.Ranver\DisplayName Adware.Packed.Ranver
Restart the system after closing the registry editor, and see the effect of recent changes. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program to clean your hard drive from the infections.