The Adware.NetNucleous is a notorious application that is categorized as the adware virus. It has the ability to infect all types of operating system including the latest versions of the windows. The Adware.NetNucleous normally uses the vulnerabilities within the operating system to infect the computer. It is categorized as an adware, but this can also hijack all your browsers by changing the settings in your system. This dangerous adware runs annoying advertisements through pop-up ads on the screen of your browser, and redirect your searches towards unknown websites where you are encouraged to purchase lower quality products. Besides that, the Adware.NetNucleous steals your confidential personal as well as financial information which is then transferred to the hackers. This malicious application is also used to record your online activities along with browsing habits and shopping preferences. This adware is developed with the advanced technology due to which it has the ability to hide itself deep in the roots of the system files, and it keeps changing its name as well as location.
How to Remove Adware.NetNucleous manually?
Once detected in your system, the Adware.NetNucleous needed to be deleted immediately. Your objective is to get rid of this dangerous adware either by using any of the reliable powerful automatic removal tools or by through manual removal process which is described as under:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
First of all you have to reboot the infected computer in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. You have to restart the system, and while the system is in restarting process, you have to use the F8 key to see the boot options. You have to select the safe mode option from the list and hit the enter key.
Delete the Malicious Processes
After restarting the infected computer in the safe mode, you have to delete all the processes related to this malicious adware. In this regard, you need to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab in order to remove the following corrupt processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You have to delete the associated files of this threat along with their folders. Start the file explorer to find and delete the following files:-
Clean the Windows Registry
In the end you need to remove the registry entries created by this tricky adware program in the windows registry. You have to open the start menu, and select “Run” option, where you have to write the “RegEdit” command, before pressing the “OK” button. With the help of this registry editor, you have to navigate towards following registry entries, and remove them:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.NetNucleous\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.NetNucleous\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.NetNucleous\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.NetNucleous\DisplayName Adware.NetNucleous
In the end, close the registry editor window, and restart the computer in the normal mode to see the success of your manual removal efforts.