The Adware.LolliPop.IT is a recently discovered compiter infection that is categorized as an adware program, and can infect all types of operating systems. Regardless of which web browser you are using including the Internt Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox, this malicious application changes the default browser settings and hijacks your default browser to dictate its own terms. Once the Adware.LolliPop.IT infection invades the system, it will redirect most of your searches towards malicious websites where you can get severe infections. Besides that, you will also receive thousands of pop-up ads on the screen that stops you from performing daily routine tasks. The Adware.LolliPop.IT can steal your confidential financial details like credit card numbers, payment details, bank credentials, and shopping passwords. All these details are supposed to be used for the fraudulent purposes. This extremely severe adware infection can paralyze your computer completely if not removed accordingly.
The Manual Removal of Adware.LolliPop.IT
After confirming the availability of the Adware.LolliPop.IT virus, you have to remove it ina way that it will never return to your PC. The automatic removal tools are available, and easy to use; whereas, the manual method is only recommended for the professional level users due to its complications. The steps involved in the manual removal of the Adware.LolliPop.IT virus are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Once you are able to see the list of boot options, you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode instead of the normal mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode of operation, you have to open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see a list of all the processes running the background of your computer. Get rid of the following associated processes of the Adware.LolliPop.IT infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You are required to remove the associated data of the Adware.LolliPop.IT virus. In this regard, following are the files that are needed to be removed from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last but most important step of this process is removal of the malicious entries from the windows registry. Start the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select “Run”, and write “regedit.exe” before pressing the “OK” button. Delete the following asscoaited entries of this lethal adware program after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.LolliPop.IT\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.LolliPop.IT\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.LolliPop.IT\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.LolliPop.IT\DisplayName Adware.LolliPop.IT
Close the registry editor, and reboot the system once again in the normal mode to see the effect of the changes you have made. Run a complete system scan after updating the current antivirus software.