The Adware Helpers is a malicious virus categorized as an adware application, and used to infect the windows based computers. It spreads through spam email attachments, social media links, accepting online offers from unknown publishers, removable discs, unsafe browsing, and p2p sharing. Soon after entering in any system, the Adware Helpers makes a number of changes in the settings of that computer. These changes are made to make your system vulnerable for other similar threats, and provide remote access to the hackers. The hackers use this access to collect information such as credit card numbers, browsing history, shopping preferences, and other confidential data to use in the cyber crimes. The Adware Helpers can make your system extremely slow by utilizing most of the resources installed on the computer.
The Instructions for Removal of Adware Helpers
The manual removal of the Adware Helpers is not an easy task as it involves several complicated steps that are needed to be executed as they are described here. Besides manual removal method there are many automatic tools also available to get rid of the Adware Helpers.
Select the Safe Mode
First of all, you have to start the system in the safe mode in order to access the task manager, and registry editor. The normal mode can be terminated by just restarting the system. You have to use the F8 key to access the boot options, and select the safe mode option from the list to start your PC in the safe mode.
Remove the Associated Processes
The process of removing the Adware Helpers starts by killing the malicious processes associated with this threat. You have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Under the processes tab of the task manager, you can see a list of running processes in which you need to locate and delete the following process:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Files and Folders
You have to remove the files along with their folders that are associated with this malicious application. In this regard following are some of the files that are needed to be removed:-
- %Desktopdir%\ADWARE HELPERS.lnk
- %Programs%\ADWARE HELPERS\ADWARE HELPERS.lnk
Remove the Corrupt Registry Entries
Finally you have to reverse the modification made by this virus in the windows registry. Any changes or modifications in the windows registry can be done by starting the registry editor which can be opened by running the “RegEdit” Command in the command prompt. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find the following entries, and remove them immediately:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE HELPERS\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE HELPERS
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE HELPERS\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE HELPERS\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ADWARE HELPERS\DisplayName ADWARE HELPERS
When you have completed all the above mentioned steps, you need to close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode. Besides that, you also need to run a complete system scan after updating your antivirus software to get rid of the infections caused by this virus.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic Adware Helpers removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download Adware Helpers Removal Tool to automatically remove Adware Helpers.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the Adware Helpers,do submit your comments to get clarified.