The Adware.HDVidCodec is another lethal adware program that can cause permanent damage to your system resources as well as data files. The Adware. HDVidCodec is a type of virus that enters into the computer secretly, and after settling down it starts several harmful activities in the system. This malicious application can infect all the major browsers including the Safari, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox. As soon as it gets access to your computer, it hijacks your default browser in order to get complete control of your browsing. This malicious application is totally capable of changing your home page, default browser, and desktop background. You will also notice the several unwanted icons on your desktop. This dangerous adware program is used by the hackers to promote some unknown commercial websites, generate traffic on the lower ranked web pages, and access your confidential information to steal your money.This virus can make your browsing and internet speed extremely slow.
The Manual Removal of Adware.HDVidCodec
After knowing that your PC is victimized by the Adware.HDVidCodec you have to find a way to remove this virus. You can delete the Adware.HDVidCodec through manual removal process as well as by choosing any reliable automatic removal tool. Keep in mind that the automatic method is easy for the novice users. The instructions for the manual removal of this adware program are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Restart the system and use the F8 key to open the boot options while the computer is restarted. You have to select the safe mode option from the boot options list and hit the enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Delete the corrupt processes that are attached with this infection by using the windows task manager. Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to access the windows task manager, and click the processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of running processes. Delete the following malicious processes attached with this deadly dangerous adware program:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
The next step of this complicated process is getting rid of the corrupt files associated with this adware infection. Following are some of the suspicious files that are hidden in the system files folder, and you have to remove:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access to the start menu, select on the Run option and write “regedit” in the box to open the registry editor. Delete the following corrupt entries from the windows registry by using the registry editor and close it:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.HDVidCodec\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.HDVidCodec\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.HDVidCodec\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.HDVidCodec\DisplayName Adware.HDVidCodec
Before running a complete system scan on your system to remove the infections caused by this malicious adware program you have to reboot the computer in the normal mode and see the success of failure of the manual removal efforts.