The Adware Generic5.RVQ is considered as a dangerous Trojan infection that enters in the windows based systems without prior knowledge of the user. Once installed, it performs a number of unwanted activities in the background. This malicious Trojan application also works as an adware, and run unwanted pop-up ads on the screen on the infected system. It redirects all your searches towards porn websites by changing the default settings of your browser. It also changes your default search engine, and make your computer extremely slow especially when you try to browse. After installing itself in the computer, the Adware Generic5.RVQ also creates corrupt registry entries, and eats most of the system resources, resultantly, the computer start working weirdly. Besides that, this dangerous Trojan makes your system extremely vulnerable and download additional malware. If left un-removed, the Adware Generic5.RVQ can destroy your computer completely, therefore, you have to get rid of this virus as soon as you discover it.
The Manual Removal of Adware Generic5.RVQ
Once your computer compromised to this malicious application, you have to remove this virus at your earliest. You can delete Adware Generic5.RVQ either by using one of the reliable automatic removal tools, or by using the manual removal method. The manual removal method is possible yet complicated and only recommended for computer professionals or advanced level users. Following are the steps of the manual removal method.
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
The first step of manual removal method is to terminate the normal mode of operation by restarting the computer. When the computer is in restarts process use F8 key to reach the boot options from where you have to select the safe mode option.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to delete the malicious processes created by the Adware Generic5.RVQ. In this regard, you need to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager. Once the task manager window is opened, click on the processes tab and end the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
After deleting the malicious processes associated with this threat, you also have to delete the associated files of this Trojan infection. Access the system files folder by using file explorer and delete the following files:-
- %Desktopdir%\Adware Generic5.RVQ.lnk
- %Programs%\Adware Generic5.RVQ\Adware Generic5.RVQ.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access to the start menu, select “Run” option, and type “Regedit” in the box to open the registry editor where you have to find and delete the following entries from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.RVQ\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.RVQ
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.RVQ\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.RVQ\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.RVQ\DisplayName Adware Generic5.RVQ
Once the corrupt entries removed from the windows registry, you need to close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode. Run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus software to remove the infections caused by this virus.