The Adware Generic5.RQT is a malicious computer virus that is categorized as an adware program, and attacks the system by using the vulnerabilities of the system security. Once installed, it allows hackers to monitor and record the online activities of the user, and send all the information to the hackers who then use it for the fraudulent purposes. This malicious application can easily avoid most powerful security software as it is developed by the hackers with advanced techniques. Unlike some other adware programs, the Adware Generic5.RQT will not install itself as an application or you cannot see the icon on the desktop so that, you cannot remove it with traditional methods. The hackers also use this infection to promote certain websites by generating traffic through unethical methods. You can see tons of pop-up ads whenever you try to surf on the web which is very annoying. The speed along with the performance degrades considerably because of this infection.
The Manual Removal of Adware Generic5.RQT
After confirming the presence of this lethal adware inside your system, you are required to remove this infection from your system as quickly as possible. You can find the automatic removal tools that are easy to use for the basic level users. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available which is a bit complicated. The steps involved in this manual removal are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before following the manual removal instruction, you must boot the computer in the safe mode. Restart your infected PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. After accessing the list of boot options, choose the Safe Mode from the list, before hitting the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
End the associated processes of this infection by using the windows task manager. In this regard, you have to open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab where you can see the list of processes. You have to kill the following associated processes of the Adware Generic5.RQT infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the Adware Generic5.RQT infection by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Adware Generic5.RQT.lnk
- %Programs%\Adware Generic5.RQT\Adware Generic5.RQT.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed when you remove the modifications from the windows registry. You have to open the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries associated with the Adware Generic5.RQT:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.RQT\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.RQT
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.RQT\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.RQT\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.RQT\DisplayName Adware Generic5.RQT
Close the registry editor after completing all the above mentioned steps, and restart the system in the normal mode.