The Adware Generic5.AAFE is a malicious application that is a Trojan virus but acts as an adware. This is a multipurpose virus which immediately creates the startup keys after getting it installed, due to which this virus runs automatically every time you opens your windows. If you have antivirus installed, it will show an alert when the Adware Generic5.AAFE enters into your system, but you are unable to remove this dangerous Trojan with the help of your antivirus program. This malicious application spread and attack the windows based computers through spam email attachments, social media links, unsafe browsing, and visiting compromised web pages. Once installed on the system, it connects your computer to a remote server that is operated by the hackers. Your online activities as well as personal information tracked, and sent to these hackers who then use it for the illegal purposes. The Adware Generic5.AAFE has the ability to modify your windows registry entries to remain resident in the computer. This malicious Trojan adware makes your computer extremely slow once it is installed.
The Manual Removal of Adware Generic5.AAFE
First of all you have to confirm the presence of the Adware Generic5.AAFE in your system. Once it is confirmed you then need to remove this malicious application at your earliest. There are manual as well as the automatic removal method is available to get rid of this virus. The manual removal method steps are mentioned below:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Reboot the system, and use F8 key to see the list of boot options. You have to select the safe mode from that list and hit the enter key to restart your computer in the safe mode. .
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
The next step of this process is to kill the malicious processes associated with this threat. To open the windows task manager you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and hit the process tab to see the list of processes. You have to delete the following related processes of the Adware Generic5.AAFE:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
After killing the processes, the next step of this process is to delete the files of this virus. You have to find and delete the following files in this regard:-
- %Desktopdir%\Adware Generic5.AAFE.lnk
- %Programs%\Adware Generic5.AAFE\Adware Generic5.AAFE.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To remove the entries created by the Adware Generic5.AAFE you have to open the registry editor by running the RegEdit command through the Start Menu. You have to find and delete the following malicious entries associated with this virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.AAFE\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.AAFE
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.AAFE\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.AAFE\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware Generic5.AAFE\DisplayName Adware Generic5.AAFE
After removing the above mentioned entries close the registry editor and restart the computer in the normal mode. Update the existing antivirus software and run a complete system scan on your PC. .