The Adware.FTDownloader is a malicious adware infection that attacks the windows based computers secretly and considered as a highly hazardous virus that can cause permanent damage to the system resources. Once installed, the Adware.FTDownloader virus can modify the settings in the computer completely to take the complete control over the online as well as offline activities completely. These settings including the home page, DNS settings, security settings, windows firewall settings, privacy settings, and the browser settings. This malicious application is totally capable of accessing the most confidential information like credit card details, bank account credentials, emails, passwords, and browsing history. This information is collected, and transmitted to the hackers remotely who use it for the cyber crimes and steal the money of the user. Besides that, the Adware.FTDownloader infection can bring other malware, spyware, and parasites to the infected machine by opening the backdoor.
The Manual Removal of Adware.FTDownloader
Once the Adware.FTDownloader virus is discovered in your computer, you have to decide how to get rid of this adware effectively. You can do this by selecting the automatic removal tool which is convenient as well as quick, and a manual removal method which is complicated for the novice users. The steps involved in the manual removal method of the Adware.FTDownloader are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before start removing this malicious adware you have to shift the operating mode of the system from normal mode to safe mode. First of all, reboot the system, and use the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode from the list of boot options and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of the manual removal of the Adware.FTDownloader virus is, removal of the associated processes of this infection. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab available in the task manager window to see the list of running processes. Remove the following malicious processes quickly:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files hidden somewhere in the system files folder with the help of Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to delete the associated entries of the Adware.FTDownloader infection from the windows registry to complete the manual removal of this virus. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by executing the “regedit.exe” command through Run option in the Start menu. Remove the following files once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FTDownloader\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FTDownloader\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FTDownloader\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FTDownloader\DisplayName Adware.FTDownloader
Reboot the machine once again in the normal mode to see the effect of manual removal instructions. Do not forget to run a system scan after updating the current antivirus program.