The Adware.FriendsChecker is one of the most powerful adware infections discovered recently that can avoid detection through the most powerful antivirus tool with extreme ease. Once installed, the Adware.FriendsChecker makes the performance of the system extremely sluggish by modifying most of the system settings. Today, this malicious adware is the best available tool for the hackers to make money online. This malicious application installed without any manual intervention of the user, and immediately after entering into the system, it hijacks the default browser. This dangerous adware gathers the information about your browsing trends, and access the personal details related to the payment procedure. Once this information is collected, it immediately transferred to the hackers who uses it in the online frauds. Besides that, you will receive countless numbers of pop-up ads related to promote the low ranked websites, and products offered by unknown suppliers. All such efforts are actually a way to make money through affiliate sales, and pay per click marketing programs.
Removal of Adware.FriendsChecker
Once it is confirmed that the system is compromised to the Adware.FriendsChecker, you are required to give importance to this issue, and remove this deadly dangerous adware program effectively. There are some powerful and reliable automatic tools available to get rid of this adware program. Apart from that, the manual removal is also possible in this regard. The steps involved in the manual removal are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must boot the system in safe mode, as some of the important utilities that you need to access while executing the manual removal process cannot be accessed by remaining in the normal mode. Restart the PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, move the arrow key to select the safe mode, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
To access the windows task manager, you have to hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab in the task manager window to remove the following processes associated with the Adware.FriendsChecker before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following associated files of the Adware.FriendsChecker adware infection from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete the manual removal process, it is important to delete the corrupt entries from the windows registry. Open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option of the start menu. Remove the following associated entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FriendsChecker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FriendsChecker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FriendsChecker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FriendsChecker\DisplayName Adware.FriendsChecker
Once all of the above mentioned instructions are completed, close the registry editor, and access the PC in the normal mode by restarting it to see how effectively you are able to follow the instructions.