The Adware.FrameFox is recently discovered computer infection that has infected thousands of windows based systems all over the world. The Adware.FrameFox is classified as an adware infection that is used runs the pop-up ads on the screen of the infected computers. Most of these ads are related to the discounted coupons for online shopping. This malicious application distributed through spam emails, live video streaming, visiting compromised websites, downloading PDF creators, and freeware installation. It immediately modifies the home page of your browser, and when you try to change the home page, you are unable to do so. After changing the security settings, this malicious application disable your antivirus program and windows firewall to bring additional threats to the system. Whenever you go online, and try to surf on the web, you will receive countless numbers of pop-up ads that will disturb your normal routine working. The main objective behind developing such nasty adware infection is to steal the sensitive personal details of the targeted users. These details may include the financial information which is then used in online frauds.
Removal of Adware.FrameFox
As soon as you know the availability of the Adware.FrameFox inside the system, you must think how to delete this deadly dangerous adware infection. The manual removal process is available and only recommended for the advanced level users as. However, the automatic removal is extremely easy, and recommended to the novice computer users. The instructions for the manual removal of this browser hijacker are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can start removing this infection manually after accessing the safe mode operation on the system. Restart the computer, and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to gain the access of the boot options screen. Select the safe mode from the list and press the Enter key to start the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode on the infected machine, you have to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Hit the Processes tab in the task manager window, and remove the following suspicious processes as soon as possible:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the Adware.FrameFox from there by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through “Run” option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following entries associated to the Adware.FrameFox:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FrameFox\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FrameFox\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FrameFox\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.FrameFox\DisplayName Adware.FrameFox
Close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode to analyze the success of this process. Run a complete system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus software.