The Adware.Conduit.13 has been a recently developed, and distributed adware infection that sneaks in the computers without giving any prior notice to the users. This malicious application is designed by the cyber crooks to promote affiliate products, display sponsor links, and generate traffic on the affiliate websites. All such efforts are made to gain the financial benefits from commissions and pay per click programs. Once installed, the Adware.Conduit.13 floods your screen by displaying the pop-up ads regarding various services. Once this malicious application enters in the system, it immediately reduces the speed of the system by consuming a large portion of your system resources. Often you will notice that the home page, and desktop background in your system modified without your permission. The Adware.Conduit.13 is an effective tool of these notorious hackers to track your browsing history, and run targeted pop-up ads on the screen of your system. When you try to open a website, you will be redirected towards unknown places.
The Manual Removal of Adware.Conduit.13
After discovering this adware infection on your system, you have to find a solution for this situation. You can delete this virus by using any automatic removal tool which is not only easy to use, but also perform this task swiftly. The manual removal process is also available in this regard, which consists of the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to access the system in the safe mode to start the manual removal method. Restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options menu. After accessing the list of boot options, you have to select the safe mode before hitting the Enter key to access the infected PC in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to kill the malicious processes associated with this adware infection. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager and remove the following malicious processes available under the processes tab. Delete the following associated processes of this threat one by one, before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the associated processes, you have to delete the following files from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this whole process is removing the malicious entries associated with the Adware.Conduit.13 from the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run and type regedit.exe. Delete the following corrupt entries once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Conduit.13\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Conduit.13\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Conduit.13\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Conduit.13\DisplayName Adware.Conduit.13
Boot the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have removed the infection. Open the main interface of your antivirus program, and run a complete system scan.