The Adware.BuzzSocialPoints is a malicious application that is categorized as an adware. This tricky worm is used by the hackers to steal the money, and financial information of the users by running the pop-up ads, and redirecting searches towards unknown websites. Once installed on any system, this worm immediately changes the privacy settings along with the browser settings to open backdoor for the additional viruses, and perform other unwanted acts. The Adware.BuzzSocialPoints is an effective tool for hackers to make money through frauds and cyber crimes. Once installed on your computer, this dangerous adware will not allow you to perform any task on the system as it runs annoying pop-up ads on a regular basis on the screen of the computer. Besides that, it also makes your system extremely slow by utilizing most of its resources.
The Manual Removal of Adware.BuzzSocialPoints
Once this malicious adware installed on your PC, the most important task for you is to get rid of this malware immediately by using any reliable automatic tool. If you are a computer professional or an advanced level computer user, you can also remove this virus manually. The manual removal method is detailed below:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
First of all terminate the normal mode of the machine by restarting it in the safe mode. To do this, you have to access the boot options by using the F8 key while the system is in restarting process. Once the boot options are accessed, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
When you have successfully changes the mode of your computer to safe mode, you have to delete the associated processes created by this malicious application. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the processes tab, under which you can see the list of running processes. Delete the following processes with the help of End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Once the corrupt processes are removed successfully from the system, you have to remove the files along with the folders associated with the Adware.BuzzSocialPoints. Following are some of the suspicious files that are required to be deleted:-
- %Desktopdir%\Adware.BuzzSocialPoints. lnk
- %Programs%\Adware.BuzzSocialPoints/Flow.aspx \Adware.BuzzSocialPoints .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process considered as completed when you clean the windows registry. This can be done with the help of registry editor. The registry editor can be accessed through RegEdit command that can be executed through the start menu. Once the registry editor is started, you have to find and delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.BuzzSocialPoints \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.BuzzSocialPoints \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.BuzzSocialPoints \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.BuzzSocialPoints \DisplayName Adware.BuzzSocialPoints/Flow.aspx
When all the above mentioned steps are completed successfully, restart the system in the normal mode, update the current antivirus program, and run a complete system scan.