The Adware-Bprotect is a malicious application comes under the category of adware viruses. This dangerous program always installed on the windows based computers without the consent of the user, and damage the computer as well as data. Once the Adware-Bprotect installed on any computer, it will immediately connect the PC to the remote server, and start recording your online activities. It hides itself deep in the roots of your program files, and keep changing its name as well as location. This malicious application has the ability to run countless pop-up ads on the screen of your computer. It has the ability to change your privacy settings, and create malicious entries in the windows registry.
The Manual Removal of Adware-Bprotect
After discovering the Adware-Bprotect in your system, you have to remove this immediately from the system to protect your data as well as system. You can find a number of automatic tools to get rid of this tricky adware, but if you are an expert level user, you can also use manual removal method to clean your PC. The manual removal method consists of following steps:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Start your computer in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. You have to reboot the system, and use F8 key to see the list of boot options where you have to select the safe mode option.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you can now end the malicious processes created by this virus. In this regard, you have to hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager window and click on the processes tab to remove the following processes associated with this threat:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Once the associated processes are removed successfully, you also have to delete the associated files of this virus. You have to open the file explorer and delete the following files from the program files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Adware-Bprotect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\Adware-Bprotect Virus\Adware-Bprotect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Cleaning the windows registry is also very important for you in order to get rid of the Adware-Bprotect completely. Changes in the registry can be carried through the registry editor which can be started by using the Regedit command through Run option of the Start Menu. You have to find as well as delete the following entries from the registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware-Bprotect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware-Bprotect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware-Bprotect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware-Bprotect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware-Bprotect Virus\DisplayName Adware-Bprotect Virus
After removing the above mentioned corrupt entries, you have to close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode. Once the computer restarted, you have to update your current antivirus software, and run a complete system scan to get rid of the i9nfectins made by this malicious adware. Keep your antivirus always updated to protect your PC from such attacks.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic Adware-Bprotect removal Tool.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the Adware-Bprotect,do submit your comments to get clarified.