The Adware.bGuard has been a recently discovered adware infection that is specifically designed and distributed for the windows computers. This malicious application sneaks into the system without getting the consent of the user, and start performing harmful activities immediately after settling down in the computer. The Adware.bGuard often distributed through freeware downloads, p2p sharing of files, visiting compromised pages, using external media devices, and junk mail attachments. The Adware.bGuard is used by these cyber criminals to access the sensitive details of the selected users, and steal the information like bank account information, credit card details, and passwords. This malicious adware infection displays the random commercial ads, and coupon deals purely for commercial purposes. It modifies the windows registry by adding the malicious executable files, and startup keys. This dangerous adware infection can make your computer useless if not removed in time. The Adware.bGuard not only destroy important system files, but it also blocks your access towards task manager, and windows firewall. This nasty adware infection hides itself in the root directory, and can easily avoid detection through any security software. You are unable to open any of the website where you can download the antivirus software.
The Manual Removal of Adware.bGuard
After becoming the victim of the Adware.bGuard infection, you must think how to get rid of this virus completely. You can use any automatic removal tool to delete this virus qu9ickly from the system. The manual removal instructions to remove the Adware.bGuard virus are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is important to boot the system I the safe mode to start the manual removal process. You have to simply restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. You have to select the safe mode from the list, and press the Enter key to access the safe mode operation on your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed on your PC, you have to open the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the Processes tab in the task manager window where you can see the list of processes running in the background of the system. Delete the following suspicious processes by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following suspicious files from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the modifications made by this virus in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by opening the start menu, select Run and type regedit.exe. Delete the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.bGuard\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.bGuard\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.bGuard\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.bGuard\DisplayName Adware.bGuard
Restart the system once again in the normal mode to see how effectively you have removed the Adware.bGuard infection.