The Adware adinstaller.Funweb is a nasty adware infection that attacks the windows based computers without providing prior information to the user. This adware is designed in a way that it will dictate its terms while searching anything on the web. Instead of showing the genuine search results, the Adware adinstaller.Funweb shows the affiliate websites to generate traffic on these low ranked websites. Once installed, this malicious application keeps showing tons of pop-up ads for the commercial purposes. This nasty infection is capable of replicating itself on more than one location in the system to avoid the detection through antivirus. This dangerous adware can download more infections like browser hijackers, and malware to make your PC a junkyard of different kind of parasites. Besides all the above mentioned symptoms, you will also notice the reduction in the speed of the system once it got infected by this adware.
The Manual Removal of Adware adinstaller.Funweb
After getting infected from the Adware adinstaller.Funweb virus, you need to find a way to get rid of this adware infection. Besides automatic removal tools, there is a manual removal method available through which you can delete this nasty adware infection. The steps involved in the manual removal are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You need to change the mode of operation from normal to safe in order to start the manual removal process. Restart the system, and keep hitting the F8 key till you can see the boot options menu on the screen. Select the safe mode option from the boot options menu and press the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to kill the malicious processes associated with this threat. In this regard, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab. Once you are able to see the list of processes, you have to remove the following suspicious processes before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and remove the following associated files of this infection from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Adware adinstaller.Funweb.lnk
- %Programs%\Adware adinstaller.Funweb\Adware adinstaller.Funweb.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete this manual removal, you are required to delete the malicious entries added by this virus in the windows registry. Open the start menu, click on the Run option, and write “regedit.exe” to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware adinstaller.Funweb\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware adinstaller.Funweb
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware adinstaller.Funweb\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware adinstaller.Funweb\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware adinstaller.Funweb\DisplayName Adware adinstaller.Funweb
Reboot the machine in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes you have made. Update your existing antivirus before running a complete system scan.