The Advanced Power Botnetis a fake application that sneaks in the windows based computers secretly, and remain resident for a longer period if not removed effectively. In order to avoid any kind of detection, it immediately disables the security tools installed on the system, and deny your access to download additional security programs. This malicious application uses the corrupt external storage devices to enter in the system. The Advanced Power Botnet hides itself wisely, and it is not possible for the normal antivirus program to remove or even detect this infection. This is en extremely serious threat for the data privacy as well as system resources after damaging the important system files. This malicious application is used to track your online activity, and control your web surfing. It is also used by the cyber criminals to make money through illegal ways. After changing the security settings it also invites the additional parasites to the system.
Removal of Advanced Power Botnet
As soon as it is confirmed that your system becomes the victim of the Advanced Power Botnet, you have to start thinking about how to remove this virus. You can remove this infection manually as well as automatically, however, you have to remember that the manual removal process is very difficult for the basic level users.
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal can be started once the safe mode is accessed on the system. Reboot the machine to terminate the normal mode, and use the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options while the system is restarted. Choose the safe mode option from the menu, and press the Enter key to open the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys while remaining in the safe mode. Once the task manager is accessed, click on the Processes tab where you have to locate as well as remove the following processes associated with the Advanced Power Botnet virus, and close the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder, and delete the following malicious files associated with the Advanced Power Botnet:-
- %Desktopdir%\Advanced Power Botnet.lnk
- %Programs%\Advanced Power Botnet\Advanced Power Botnet.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are also required to reverse the modifications in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Delete the following suspicious entries associated with the Advanced Power Botnet virus before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Power Botnet\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Power Botnet
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Power Botnet\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Power Botnet\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Power Botnet\DisplayName Advanced Power Botnet
Restart the PC in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus software to remove the infections caused by this virus.