The Advanced File Optimizer is a malicious application that is classified as a rogue antispyware. The Advanced File Optimizer is developed by the hackers to corrupt the windows based computers and, achieve illegal financial benefits. This malicious virus presents itself as a legitimate application, but in reality this is a totally fake antivirus application that runs fake security scans on the system without your permission and shows threatening results. When you try to fix these errors, you will be forced to buy the paid version of this so called antivirus software. Keep in mind that this malicious application has nothing to do with the security of your computer, and even if you buy the paid version of this rogue application, it will not improve your system.
Removal of Advanced File Optimizer
After knowing that the system becomes a victim of the Advanced File Optimizer infection, you have to take some immediate steps to remove this virus effectively. There are various automatic tools available through which you can get rid of this rogue infection quickly. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available in this regard, which is complicated, and detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all, you have to start the infected machine in the safe mode so that you can proceed further in the manual removal process. Reboot the system, and access the boot options by pressing the F8 key repeatedly. Choose the Safe Mode option from the boot options, and strike the Enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab to remove the following malicious processes associated with the Advanced File Optimizer before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the associated processes, you have to remove the associated data of this rogue virus. Get rid of the following associated files of the Advanced File Optimizer from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Advanced File Optimizer.lnk
- %Programs%\Advanced File Optimizer\Advanced File Optimizer.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, reverse the changes made by this malicious virus in the windows registry by removing the fake registry entries. In this regard, open the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run, and write Regedit.exe. Eliminate the following corrupt entries associated with the Advanced File Optimizer after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced File Optimizer\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced File Optimizer
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced File Optimizer\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced File Optimizer\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced File Optimizer\DisplayName Advanced File Optimizer
Once done with the above mentioned steps, it is time to check the effectiveness of the manual removal process after closing the registry editor. Update your existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan to remove any infections caused by this rogue infection.