The Advanced Antispyware Solution is a malicious application that sneaks into the system without providing any information to the user. The Advanced Antispyware Solution is classified as a rogue application that is designed to trap the innocent users. This fake program presents itself as a legitimate antivirus software. The hackers use the hacked websites, sponsored links, and freeware download to spread this nasty rogue program. Once this virus sneaks in the computer, it will perform fake scans on the system, and shows threatening results of these fake scans to convince you to purchase the paid version of this so called antivirus program. It always shows that the computer has got several errors that are required to be fixed through the paid version of this application. It annoys you by showing the pop-up messages during your surfing sessions. It also reduces the speed of the computer gradually, and causes frequent crashes.
Removal of Advanced Antispyware Solution
Once it is confirmed that the Advanced Antispyware Solution is available in the system, you have to get rid of this infection quickly, and effectively. There are some effective automatic tools available to get rid of this adware program. Besides that the manual removal process is also available in this regard that is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can only proceed to the manual removal of this rogue application after accessing the safe mode. Restart the computer to terminate the normal mode, and access the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the list and strike the enter key to access the safe mode on your PC.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Select the Processes tab under the task manager window to see all the processes running in the background. Kill the following suspicious processes associated with the Advanced Antispyware Solution rogue application by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following files related to the Advanced Antispyware Solution from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Advanced Antispyware Solution.lnk
- %Programs%\Advanced Antispyware Solution\Advanced Antispyware Solution.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to clean the windows registry to complete the manual removal of this rogue infection. Open the registry editor through RegEdit command which can be executed through Run option available in the start menu. Delete the following associated entries of the Advanced Antispyware Solution before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Antispyware Solution\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Antispyware Solution
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Antispyware Solution\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Antispyware Solution\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Advanced Antispyware Solution\DisplayName Advanced Antispyware Solution
Reboot the system in the normal mode, and update your exisiting antivirus to run a complete system scan on your computer.