Manually Remove Adserver.adtechus.com popups from Browsers!
The Adserver.adtechus.com popups is a recently designed and promoted infection that is categorized as an adware. Once this nasty infection sneaks in any machine, it has the ability to change the default browser settings completely, and start sending you the countless ads on the screen while your browsing sessions. You may also face the blue screen errors, freezing of the computer, and slow down in the speed of the system. You cannot surf on the internet freely in presence of this malicious application. Mostly, this application makes its way in the system through some fake software installations, and by clicking on the compromised links. The installation of this infection is automatic due to which you may not be aware about the installation of this malicious application.
- Click on “Start” > “Control Panel” > “Programs and Features”.
- Now look for Adserver.adtechus.com popups, select it and click on “Uninstall“.
Remove from Google Chrome
- Start Chrome and click on “Bar” or “Wrench” icon at the top right corner of the browser.
- Then choose “Settings” > “Search” > “Manage Search Engines”.
- Now from the list, select your preferred search engine and click on “Make Default”.
- To remove unwanted search engines from the list, just hover your mouse to that and click the “cross” mark at its end.
- At last restart the browser to complete the process.
Removal of Adserver.adtechus.com popups
You need to find an effective removal method as soon as Adserver.adtechus.com popups is detected on your system. There are manual as well as automatic removal options available to get rid of this adware, and it is up to your level of expertise what method you want to use. The process of manual removal is a bit complicated for the novice users, and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove this tricky adware program by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you need to access the safe mode on your system. In this regard, restart the computer, and keep pressing the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options screen. Select the safe mode, and hit the enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode on the infected system, you need to get rid of the associated processes of this virus. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab in the task manager window Find and delete the following suspicious processes associated with the Adserver.adtechus.com popups before closing the windows task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are done with the removal of the malicious processes, you have to get rid of the files associated with this adware program. In this regard, following are some of the infected files that you have to delete from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Adserver.adtechus.com popups .lnk
- %Programs%\ Adserver.adtechus.com popups \ Adserver.adtechus.com popups .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed after getting rid of the corrupt registry keys from the registry section of your operating system. In this regard, open the registry editor by selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. Find and delete the following associated registry entries of this adware infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Adserver.adtechus.com popups \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Adserver.adtechus.com popups
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Adserver.adtechus.com popups \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Adserver.adtechus.com popups \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ Adserver.adtechus.com popups \DisplayName Adserver.adtechus.com popups
Restart the computer in the normal mode, and see if the adware is removed successfully. Do not forget to run a complete system scan through an updated version of your antivirus program.