The Adserv.Quiklinx.net is a recently developed and distributed browser hijacker tat has attacked thousands of windows platforms in the different parts of the world. After getting itself installed on any computer, the Adserv.Quiklinx.net immediately make some modifications in the system such as DNS settings, search provider, and default browser to gain the full control of infected machine. This malicious application also attacks the sensitive windows files, and modifies the windows registry which leads towards system crashes. After gathering the information about your confidential details including the credit card numbers, this browser hijacker transfer these hackers to the cyber crooks that use it to make money through frauds. Through the normal antivirus software you will never be able to detect or remove this nasty browser hijacker. After changing the windows firewall and security settings, the Adserv.Quiklinx.net opens the backdoor in the computer to invite additional parasites which causes permanent damage to your data files, and system resources.
The Manual Removal of Adserv.Quiklinx.net
After knowing that your PC is under attack by this lethal browser hijacker, you need to remove this infection at your earliest. The Adserv.Quiklinx.net infection can be removed either manually by following the complicated instructions or automatically through any reliable automatic removal tool. The manual removal steps of this browser hijacker are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to boot the system in the safe mode to open the system utilities like task manager, and registry editor. Restart the infected system, and while the system is restarting, you have to keep pressing F8 key to see the list of boot options on the screen. Once the list is accessed, you have to select the Safe mode option by using the arrow key, and hit the Enter to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background. Delete the following associated process of this browser hijacker by selecting each process one by one, and using the End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following malicious files along with their folders as these files are suspicious, and associated with the Adserv.Quiklinx.net infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the corrupt entries created by the Adserv.Quiklinx.net virus from the windows registry. Open the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following suspicious entries associated with this nasty browser hijacker:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adserv.Quiklinx.net\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adserv.Quiklinx.net\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adserv.Quiklinx.net\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adserv.Quiklinx.net\DisplayName Adserv.Quiklinx.net
Restart the PC to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal instructions. Update the existing antivirus to run a system scan on the computer.