The Ads by Video Player is the recent addition in the list of newly discovered browser hijackers that are specifically designed to invade the computers using windows operating system. Once this malicious application enters in the system, it starts showing the annoying pop-up ads related to the sponsored links and other commercial advertisements. It creates fake startup keys in the windows registry that enables this nasty browser hijacker to start automatically every time you start your system. After hijacking your default search provider, it will redirect all your searches towards unknown websites. This malicious application is known as a resource eater that eats most of the system resources installed on your CPU, which results in frequent crashes, and slow performance. The hackers use this browser hijacker to generate commissions from the pay per click programs and affiliate sales.
Removal of Ads by Video Player
Once you receive this virus in your system, you have to confirm its presence before finding an effective way to remove this browser hijacker. There are some reliable automatic tools available for the novice users. Whereas, for the experienced users, the manual removal process is available that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the steps of the manual removal process, you have to access the safe mode operation on the infected system. In this regard, restart the computer, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode once the boot options appeared on the screen before pressing the Enter key to access the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the task manager, and click on the processes tab once the task manager is visible on the screen where you can see all the processes running in the background. Delete the following associated processes of the Ads by Video Player before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following suspicious files associated with the Ads by Video Player from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Ads by Video Player.lnk
- %Programs%\Ads by Video Player\Ads by Video Player.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to remove the suspicious entries created by this browser hijacker in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to execute the Regedit command by selecting the Run option in the Start menu. Delete the following malicious entries associated with the Ads by Video Player after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Video Player\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Video Player
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Video Player\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Video Player\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by Video Player\DisplayName Ads by Video Player
Reboot the computer in the normal mode and see if the virus is removed successfully or still available. Do not forget to run a system scan from the main interface of your antivirus.