The Revive Adserver is a lethal adware program that is designed specifically to attach the windows based systems. Once this malicious application is entered in the computer secretly, you will start experiencing the annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your PC that stops you from working normally. It is hard to detect the Revive Adserver through your normal antivirus program as it is developed with the advanced level codding. The Revive Adserver is developed by the cyber criminals to create privacy issues on the infected machine, and transfer the highly sensitive user details to the hackers. This malicious adware is capable of recording your online activities such as browsing history, and browsing preferences. All such information is used by the cyber crooks to gain the illegal financial benefits. This adware is capable of displaying targeted pop-up ads that match your browsing habits. Besides collecting your personal information, the Revive Adserver infection is also used by the hackers to generate traffic to the affiliate sites and earn money through pay per click programs.
The Manual Removal of Ads by Revive Adserver
After knowing that the Revive Adserver infection invades your system, you have to forget everything and remove this lethal adware program at your earliest. There are some reliable automatic tools available to get rid of this adware virus, but you can also remove it through manual removal process. Following are the detailed instructions to remove the Revive Adserver manually:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Access your computer in the safe mode to start the manual removal process of the Revive Adserver. You have to restart the system, and access the boot options list by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and choose the Processes tab in the task manager window. Kill the following associated processes of the Revive Adserver from the list, and close the windows task manager :-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder with the help of file explorer, and remove the following files associated with the Revive Adserver adware infection by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Revive Adserver.lnk
- %Programs%\Revive Adserver\Revive Adserver.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to clean the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the Start menu. Delete the following associated entries of the Revive Adserver from the windows registry:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Revive Adserver\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Revive Adserver
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Revive Adserver\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Revive Adserver\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Revive Adserver\DisplayName Revive Adserver
Reboot the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have performed the manual removal task of the Revive Adserver virus.