The Ads by PlusHQ-V1.6c is a malicious application categorized as an adware infection that always attacks the system secretly, and make several forced changes in the system without providing any prior information to the user. The main aim of this dangerous adware is to gain the commercial benefits through illegal as well as un-ethical methods. This infection arrives in the system through spam email attachments, freeware download, social media links, hacked websites, and peer to peer sharing of files. Once installed, the Ads by PlusHQ-V1.6c alter the basic system settings, and specially attacks the browser settings. You will find that the homepage along with the default search provider is changed without your permission. Most of your executable files got corrupted because of this adware, and you are unable to download any new program. When you try to surf on the web, you will be automatically redirected towards unknown websites. You will receive the annoying pop-up ads in the shape of boxes on the screen whenever you try to open a new browser window. It slows down the processor of the computer due to which you will be unable to open any program.
Manual Removal of Ads by PlusHQ-V1.6c
It is vital to get rid of this adware infection swiftly so that your data as well as system remains protected. In this regard, you have to select what method you preferred to use to remove this adware infection. The manual removal of this virus is possible, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Get the access of the system in the safe mode by restarting the infected PC, and see the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting. Select the Safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You have to open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to remove the following malicious processes associated with this infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following malicious files from the system files folder by remaining in the safe mode operation:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After completing all of the above mentioned steps according to the instructions, you have to take care of the windows registry in the end. Access the registry editor by running the RegEdit command through the Start Menu. After accessing the registry editor, you have to remove the following associated entries of the Grabsofts.com pop-u, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PlusHQ-V1.6c \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PlusHQ-V1.6c \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PlusHQ-V1.6c \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PlusHQ-V1.6c \DisplayName PlusHQ-V1.6c
Restart the machine in the normal mode and see if the Grabsofts.com pop-up adware infection is removed completely or still available. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.