The Ads by MedPlayNew is a recently developed computer worm that is classified as an adware program, and sneaks in the windows based computers secretly. There are various symptoms of Ads by MedPlayNew adware program including slow speed, unable to open browser, unable to download any new software, and redirected towards unknown websites. The hackers use spam emails, corrupt removable storage devices, social media engineering, and compromised web links to spread this malicious application. Once this adware arrives in the system, it directly affect your browser settings, and you will notice that the system takes a lot of time whenever you open a website. Gradually, the system starts becoming unresponsive while browsing on the net due to presence of this nasty adware program. Some of the hackers also use this adware as a tool to generate traffic on the affiliate sites and make money.
Removal of Ads by MedPlayNew
As soon as you feel the symptoms of the Ads by MedPlayNew on the system, you have to confirm the presence of this adware, and take some immediate steps to remove this infection. You can use any reliable automatic removal tool in this regard. Apart from that, there is a manual removal method also available. The automatic removal of the Ads by MedPlayNew is recommended for the novice computer users. The instructions of manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Access the safe mode on the infected PC in order to start the manual removal process. Restart the machine, and open the boot options screen by hitting the F8 key continuously while the system is restarted. You have to select the safe mode option from the list before hitting the enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the Processes tab in the task manager window where you can remove the following suspicious processes associated with the Ads by MedPlayNew by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you have successfully removed the associated processes of this infection, You have to get rid of the associated data. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious files required to be removed from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Ads by MedPlayNew.lnk
- %Programs%\Ads by MedPlayNew\Ads by MedPlayNew.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the final step of this complicated process, you have to access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit before pressing the OK button. Delete the following associated entries of the Ads by MedPlayNew and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by MedPlayNew\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by MedPlayNew
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by MedPlayNew\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by MedPlayNew\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by MedPlayNew\DisplayName Ads by MedPlayNew
Reboot the system in the normal mode to analyze the success or failure of the manual removal effort. Update your existing antivirus before running a complete system scan on the system.