The Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion is a type of computer worm that is categorized as an adware program and used by the hackers for purely commercial objectives. The main aim of the developers of this lethal adware is to control the targeted system through a remote server and steal all the required information related to the financial history of the user. Once you become the victim of the Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion, you cannot detect or remove this malicious adware through traditional removal methods. Your data as well as system resources remain at high risk as long as this infection cannot be removed from the computer completely. This resource eater application makes your computer very slow by eating a high percentage of your system resources.
Removal of Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion
The Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion is a type of infection that is required to be removed effectively and quickly to protect the system. There are both automatic as well as manual methods available in this regard, and you can select a method according to your expertise. The manual removal process of this adware is a bit complicated which is only recommended for the advanced level users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Start the system in the safe mode before executing the instructions of the manual removal process. In this regard, restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Choose the safe mode option from the list of boot options, before pressing the enter key to access the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is accessed, you have to click on the Processes tab under the task manager window to see a list of processes running in the background of your system. Remove the following associated processes of the Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion by using the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the associated processes, you have to open the system files folder, and remove the following related files of the Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion:-
- %Desktopdir%\Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion.lnk
- %Programs%\Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion\Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the final step of this process, you have to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. Open the registry editor through RegEdit command which can be executed through Run option available in the start menu. Remove of the following associated entries of the Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion\DisplayName Ads by MedPlayerNewVersion
Close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes, Run a complete system scan through the updated version of your existing antivirus program.