Uninstall Extra Savings program from your computer
The Ads by Extra Provider is another computer infection that is categorized as an adware program. This malicious application sneaks in the windows based computers secretly, and performed a number of illegal activities without providing any prior information to the user. It is compatible with all the popular browsers including Firefox, Chrome, IE, and Safari. Once this application enters in the system, you will be unable to surf on the web feely. It keeps disturbing your browsing sessions by displaying the annoying pop-up ads. Mostly these ads are related to the commercial products. This adware infection also works as the redirect virus, and keep diverting all your searches towards unknown websites, and if you click on any of the pop-up ads, the developers of this unwanted application make money through pay per click programs. It changes the security settings and windows firewall in your system due to which you feel helpless while cleaning your system through traditional methods.
- To uninstall the Extra Savings program from Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7, click the “Start” button, then click on the “Control Panel” menu option.
- If you are using Windows 8, simply drag your mouse pointer to the right edge of the screen, select Search from the list and search for “control panel” .Or you can right-click on a bottom left hot corner (formerly known as the Start button) and select Control Panel from there.
- When the “Control Panel” window opens click on the “Uninstall a program” option under “Programs” category. This option is shown by the arrow in the image below. If you are using the “Classic View” of the Control Panel, then you would double-click on the “Programs and Features” icon instead.
- When the “Programs and Features” or the “Uninstall a Program” screen is displayed, scroll through the list of currently installed programs and uninstall Extra Savings, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Zombie Alert, Wajam, Coupon Server, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, UTUobEAdaBlock, Safe Saver, SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings, Feven Pro 1.2, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, Re-markit and any other recently installed unknown program from your computer.To view the most recently installed programs, you can click on the “Installed On” column to sort your program by the installation date. Scroll though the list, and uninstall any unwanted or unknown programs.Depending on what program has installed the Extra Savings adware infection, the above program may have a different name or not be installed on your computer. If you cannot find any unwanted or unknown programs on your machine, then you can proceed with the next step.
Manual Removal of Ads by Extra Provider
The Ads by Extra Provider is considered as one of the most dangerous adware infection of the recent times, and you need to get rid of this infection as soon as you discover it. You can either use any automatic tool that is easily available. Apart from that, you can also use the manual removal method to remove this infection:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before doing anything else, you have to open the system in the safe mode instead of normal mode. In this regard, reboot the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options list. From that list, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window to see a list of processes running in the system. Find and remove the following malicious processes before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and proceed to the system files folder to remove the following corrupt files by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Ads by ExtraProvider.lnk
- %Programs%\Ads by ExtraProvider\ Ads by ExtraProvider.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor by clicking on the Start menu, click on the Run option, and type regedit before pressing the OK button. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to get rid of the following malicious entries and fake registry keys before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by ExtraProvider\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by ExtraProvider
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by ExtraProvider\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by ExtraProvider\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Ads by ExtraProvider\DisplayName Ads by ExtraProvider
Reboot the computer to analyze the success of the manual removal process. Do not forget to update the existing antivirus program and run a complete system scan to remove any infections caused by this adware infection.