The AdpeakProxy.exe is an unwanted computer program that is categorized as an adware infection. The AdpeakProxy.exe infection enters in the windows based systems without notifying the user, and start performing harmful activities after changing the default system settings. Mostly this infection enters in the system when you try to watch any online movie or live streaming. Immediately after entering into the system, this malicious application creates fake startup keys in the windows registry through which it executes automatically everytime you starts the windows. The AdpeakProxy.exe is capable of disabling your antivirus or any other security software installed on the system to avoid any detection effort. After accessing your sensitive personal details such as credit card information, emails, passwords, browsing history, and shopping preferences, it transfer these details to the hackers who use it for stealing your money through online frauds. You can see more system crashes, and the screen freezes without any reasons. Besides that, the AdpeakProxy.exe can delete your important files permanently. This dangerous adware program also displays the annoying pop-up ads on the screen.
The Manual Removal of AdpeakProxy.exe
Once it becomes obvious that your system is a victim of the AdpeakProxy.exe virus, you have to find an effective method to remove this adware infection completely. The automatic tools are available through which you can easily remove this virus. Besides that, the manual removal of the AdpeakProxy.exe adware is also possible that is only recommended for the advanced level users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
This malicious adware can be removed by accessing the safe mode on your system In this regard, you have to restart the infected computer, and use the F8 key to access the boot options screen, Once you can see the list of boot options, select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager, and click on the Processes tab after accessing the task manager. Kill the following malicious associated processes of the AdpeakProxy.exe infection and close the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this complicated process is the removal of the associated data. Open the system files folder, and get rid of the following files related to this infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to reverse the modifications in the windows registry by accessing the registry editor. You have to run the Regedit command through the Start menu, and once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following corrupt entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AdpeakProxy.exe\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AdpeakProxy.exe\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AdpeakProxy.exe\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AdpeakProxy.exe\DisplayName AdpeakProxy.exe
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to follow the instructions, and do not forget to run a complete system scan through any powerful antivirus tool.