The ad1.adkserve.com is a malicious application that is categorized as a browser hijacker, and designed to hijack all the popular browsers including the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Internet Explorer. This is a misleading program that presents itself as a legitimate application. The ad1.adkserve.com is a browser hijacker that consists of different components that install on the system as browser plugins. Once installed on any PC, the ad1.adkserve.com executed automatically every time you start your windows operating system. The ad1.adkserve.com redirects all your searches and manipulate the search results. This malicious browser hijacker takes complete control of your browsing activity. Whenever you try to search a website, you will be redirected towards suspicious websites where you are encouraged to make purchases of products from unknown suppliers. Besides changing your home page, default search provider, and desktop background, the ad1.adkserve.com also deletes some of the important system files without your consent. This dangerous browser hijacker has the capability of recording all your private information like credit card details, and browsing history which then used in the cyber crimes.
The Manual Removal of ad1.adkserve.com
After knowing that your PC is a victim of ad1.adkserve.com, you have to find a way to get rid of this browser hijacker. The automatic removal tools are available that are easy to use for the basic level users. Besides that, the manual removal is also possible which is a bit complicated and described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must boot the system in the safe mode before start removing the ad1.adkserve.com infection. In this regard, you need to restart the PC so that you can terminate the normal mode of operation, and use the F8 key to access the boot options menu when the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the list of boot options and hit the enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to end the associated processes of the ad1.adkserve.com. Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab to remove the following associated processes of this lethal browser hijacker:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the associated processes, you have to remove the associated files of the ad1.adkserve.com from the system files folder. Following are some of the suspicious files that you have to delete:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last and most important step of the manual removal has removed the suspicious registry entries created by this infection in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to click on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to start the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ad1.adkserve.com\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ad1.adkserve.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ad1.adkserve.com\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ad1.adkserve.com\DisplayName ad1.adkserve.com
Restart the system in the normal mode so that the changes you have made can take place, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program.