The ACH debit transfer malware is a malicious application recently developed by the hackers to infect the windows based computers all over the world. The ACH debit transfer malware is categorized as a malware that can be harmful for your data as well as system resources. Once this virus enters in the system, you will notice degradation in the performance of the system, inaccessibility of the data folders, failed to start the executable files, and blue screen issues. There are many ways used by the hackers to distribute this malicious application including peer to peer sharing of files, spam emails, freeware downloads, and external storage devices. This nasty malware hijacks all the browsers including the Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Whenever youi try to open a website, you will be diverted towards some strange website which is extremely annoying.
Removal of ACH debit transfer malware
This dangerous malware is a serious threat for the security of your system, and needed to be removed as quickly as possible. You can get rid of this threat by using any automatic tool that is easily available online. Apart from that, the manual removal process is also available in this regard, which is extremely complicated, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
To boot the system in the safe mode you ned to restart the computer, and open the boot options menu by striking the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the boot options menu, and press the Enter key which gives you the access of the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are also required to end the processes associated with the ACH debit transfer malware. In this regard, access the task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the processes tab to delete the following suspicious processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are able to remove the associated processes successfully, you need to delete the following associated files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\ACH debit transfer malware.lnk
- %Programs%\ACH debit transfer malware\ACH debit transfer malware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
After completing the above mentioned steps, you have to take care of the windows registry by reversing the modifications made by this virus. In this regard, access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select the Run option, and write regedit in the box. You have to remove the following corrupt entries after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ACH debit transfer malware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ACH debit transfer malware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ACH debit transfer malware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ACH debit transfer malware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ACH debit transfer malware\DisplayName ACH debit transfer malware
Restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see the success or failure of the manual removal efforts, and do not forget to run a complete system scan through any reliable antivirus.