The AandA Adware is a lethal virus that is classified as an adware program, and sneaks in the computers without getting the consent of the user. This malicious application is designed by the cyber crooks to infect the windows based platforms, and display countless pop-up ads on the screens of the infected systems for the commercial advertisement purpose. The adware is distributed all over the world through unsafe browsing, p2p sharing, removable devices, and spam email campaigns. The AandA Adware creates the privacy issues, decreases the efficiency of the system, alters the windows registry, and deletes the important system files. Once installed, the AandA Adware take complete control of your browser by destroying many important system files, and dictate its terms whenever you try to surf on the web. It also loads the unnecessary files on the system to put too much load on the system resources which causes slowness in opening any website or application.
The Manual Removal of AandA Adware
The AandA Adware invades your system secretly, but when you confirm its presence, you do not delay the removal process as it can be dangerous for your system. The AandA Adware can be removed manually, but keep in mind that the manual removal is extremely complicated for the new users. The instructions and steps involved in the manual removal of this adware infection are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Start the PC in the safe mode instead of normal mode so that the manual removal process can be preceded. You have to restart the system, and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. After accessing the boot choices, select the safe mode choice with arrow key, and press the Enter to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is removal of the associated processes of the AandA Adware infection. Access the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab from the task manager window. You need to remove the following associated processes of the AandA Adware through the End Process button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following associated files of the AandA Adware infection from the system files folder at your earliest:-
- %Desktopdir%\AandA Adware.lnk
- %Programs%\AandA Adware\AandA Adware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry you have to open on the star menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the AandA Adware and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AandA Adware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AandA Adware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AandA Adware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AandA Adware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AandA Adware\DisplayName AandA Adware
Restart the PC once again in the normal mode, and also update the existing antivirus to run the complete scan on the computer.