The A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus is a malicious application that is developed by the notorious cyber criminals to infect the windows based computers all over the world. This nasty infection is classified as a browser hijacker that lingers in the computer without your consent, and modify the browser settings such as home page, and search provider. Once this malicious application enters in the system, it will directly affect your surfing activities, and you are not able to surf on the web freely. This dangerous application developed in a way that it forces your browser to display a particular web page frequently. Besides that, it also floods your screen with other annoying pop-up ads whenever you try to surf on the internet. The hackers use this virus as a tool to collect your personal details, and promote certain affiliate websites for commercial purposes.
Removal of A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus
After discovering the A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus on the system, you have to address this issue as a top priority and remove the virus at your earliest. You can remove this infection through any reliable automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal of this virus is also possible but extremely complicated. The steps of the manual removal method are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must boot the system in the safe mode so that the manual removal instructions can be executed. In this regard, you have to restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the safe mode from the list before hitting the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you successfully boot the system in the safe mode, you need to get rid of the associated processes of the A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window. Under this tab you will see a list of processes from which you have to remove the following malicious processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of the A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus\A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed once you clean the windows registry. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select the Run, and type RegEdit in the box. Remove the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus\DisplayName A.targetingadvertiser.com Redirect Virus
Restart the system in the normal mode to analyze the success of the manual removal efforts, and do not forget to run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus.