The 9z8j5a0y4z51.com is actually a serious threat for your computer that is categorized as a browser hijacker. This malicious application presents itself as a legitimate application, but in reality, this is nothing more than a computer virus that is designed specifically to take the complete control of the online activities of targeted users. Once installed, the 9z8j5a0y4z51.com disable all the software programs installed on the system, and you are unable to open the security related websites. The windows firewall is also changed to avoid the detection or removal effort through any of your security tools. This dangerous browser hijacker diverts all your searching efforts towards commercial websites, and manipulates the search results in order to achieve the commercial benefits. Your screen will be flooded with the pop-up ads that are related to special discounted offers, coupon deals, and purchase of antivirus programs. Keep in mind that this is a fake application that is only used by the hackers to take your money away.
The Manual Removal of 9z8j5a0y4z51.com
It is obvious that you have to remove the 9z8j5a0y4z51.com infection as quickly as possible after confirming the presence of this lethal browser hijacker. You can delete this infection either by using any reliable automatic removal tool that is easily available online, or by following the complicated steps of the manual removal. The steps involved in the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must restart the computer in order to terminate the normal mode of operation, and press the F8 key repeatedly to get the access of the boot options screen. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, Select the Safe Mode option and hit the Enter key to start the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
After start working in the safe mode, you have to delete the associated processes of the 9z8j5a0y4z51.com infection. After accessing the task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, you have to select the processes tab, and remove the following associated processes of the 9z8j5a0y4z51.com:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
In the next step of this complicated process, you have to delete the following associated files of this nasty browser hijacker with the help of the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\9z8j5a0y4z51.com browser hijacker.lnk
- %Programs%\9z8j5a0y4z51.com browser hijacker\9z8j5a0y4z51.com browser hijacker.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You are required to clean the corrupt entries from the windows registry in order to complete the manual removal process. In this regard, you have to open the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries of the 9z8j5a0y4z51.com before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\9z8j5a0y4z51.com browser hijacker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\9z8j5a0y4z51.com browser hijacker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\9z8j5a0y4z51.com browser hijacker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\9z8j5a0y4z51.com browser hijacker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\9z8j5a0y4z51.com browser hijacker\DisplayName 9z8j5a0y4z51.com browser hijacker
Once the 9z8j5a0y4z51.com infection is removed successfully, you have to update your existing antivirus before running a complete system scan on the system.