The 9keibj.exe is a malicious application categorized as a Trojan infection that is considered extremely dangerous. This nasty Trojan slips in the windows based computers without getting the permission from the users, and perform several harmful activities. Once the 9keibj.exe enters in any computer, it immediately redirects all the searches towards a fake scanner program that start performing the so called scans on your system. The results of such scan show that there are several errors available in your PC, and if you try to fix these errors, you will be asked to purchase the paid version of this fake scanner. The common symptoms of having this nasty Trojan inside the system are, frequent crashes of the system, system slowdown, blue screen, and errors in the windows registry. This malicious application also used by the hackers to display various pop-up messages to promote some low ranked websites. Besides that, this Trojan infection is also capable of stealing the personal information such as credit card numbers, and bank account credentials.
Removal of 9keibj.exe
After confirming the presence of the 9keibj.exe, you have to find a way to delete this nasty Trojan at your earliest. There are some reliable automatic tools available in this regard for the basic level computer users. Besides that, the manual removal method is also there which is extremely difficult, and only suitable for the experienced users. The instructions for the manual removal are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Boot the infected system in the safe mode to follow the instructions of the manual process. Restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options list. Select the safe mode from the list once you are able to see the boot options on the screen before pressing the Enter key to boot the infected computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
By remaining in the safe mode, you have to get rid of the malicious processes associated with this dangerous Trojan virus. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together in order to access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to delete the following processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to open the system files folder, and remove the following malicious files associated with the 9keibj.exe Trojan virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to open the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select the Run option, and type regedit in the box. Delete the following associated entries of this redirect virus before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\9keibj.exe\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\9keibj.exe\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\9keibj.exe\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\9keibj.exe\DisplayName 9keibj.exe
Check the effectiveness of the manual removal efforts by booting the computer in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through any reliable antivirus program.