The 7go is a redirect virus that is categorized as a dangerous browser hijacker, and enters in the windows based computers without providing information to the users. Once entered, the 7go redirect infection changes the system settings completely in order to take the compete control of your browsing activities. You will see that all the internet settings are modified including the default browser, default search engine, desktop background, and home page. All these changes are carried out without getting your permission or providing information. Besides recording your online activity, this malicious browser hijacker takes complete control of your navigation on the internet. Your all searches will be redirected wisely towards unknown websites, and you feel helpless while performing your routine tasks. After accessing your sensitive personal information, the 7go virus will send this to the notorious hackers remotely who then use such information in the online crimes, and frauds to steal your money. This confidential information includes all your financial details, and the details of your emails along with the passwords as well as the shopping preferences.
The Manual Removal of 7go
Once it becomes obvious that the 7go infection enters in the system without your permission, you have to choose an effective method of removing this lethal browser hijacker. If you are a basic level computer user, choose any automatic removal method as it is easier as well as quick. The manual removal is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the PC, and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key. Once the boot options are visible, select the safe mode option from the list of the boot options menu and press the Enter key to reboot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system is accessed in the safe mode, you can start the manual removal of the 7go infection by removing the associated processes of this dangerous browser hijacker. Use the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and select on the processes tab to see the list of processes running in the background of the system. Remove the following associated processes of this infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Navigate to the system files folder, and remove the following corrupt files from there by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\7go Redirect Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\7go Redirect Virus\7go Redirect Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to delete the corrupt entries created by this browser hijacker in the windows registry. You first need to open the registry editor through the RegEdit command that can be executed through the Run option available in the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\7go Redirect Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\7go Redirect Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\7go Redirect Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\7go Redirect Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\7go Redirect Virus\DisplayName 7go Redirect Virus
Reboot the computer once again in the normal mode, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program.