The 5StarDeals is a nasty computer infection that is classified as an adware infection that is designed to attack the windows based computers. The 5StarDeals is a malicious application that is actually designed and distributed to display annoying pop-up messages in the bulk quantity on the targeted computers. This dangerous infection slips inside the system without your consent, and once it settles down on the computer, it will collect valuable personal information, including the credit card numbers, emails, passwords, and browsing history. This information then sent to the hackers who can use it in their illegal activities. This adware infection reduces the overall performance of your computer as well as the speed of the internet connection. Moreover, it disables the windows firewall, and the antivirus program installed on your computer. It takes complete control of your web surfing after modifying the browser settings. It gives remote access of your system to the cyber crook, and you cannot access many of the important system utilities. Besides that, it modifies the windows registry by adding corrupt registry entries, and fake startup keys.
Removal of 5StarDeals
After knowing that the system is compromised to the 5StarDeals adware infection, you have to plan a strategy to get rid of this nasty computer infection effectively. In this regard, you can find a number of reliable automatic tools that are easy to use. Besides that, the manual removal process of this adware infection is also available that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Execute the complicated steps of the manual removal process after accessing the safe mode on your system. Restart the PC, and press the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options on your screen. Select the safe mode option on the boot options screen, and press the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You need to open the windows task manager by remaining in the safe mode with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Click on the processes tab under the task manager window to remove the following malicious processes associated with the 5StarDeals before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to access the system files folder from the file explorer, and get rid of the following associated files of this adware infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to remove the associated registry entries of the 5StarDeals to complete the manual removal of this adware infection. In this regard, open the registry editor by running the Regedit command through the start menu, and eradicate the following entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\5StarDeals\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\5StarDeals\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\5StarDeals\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\5StarDeals\DisplayName 5StarDeals
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the result of changes you have made recently. Update your existing antivirus before running a complete system scan on your computer.