The 4Squared is a malicious application that is bundled with many of the reputable software application; therefore, when you choose the automatic installation of these applications, you will get the 4Squared infection along with the legitimate applications. This dangerous infection is developed and distributed by the notorious hackers to steal the money of the innocent users. Once installed, the 4Squared uses the vulnerabilities available in the system to open the backdoor for the remote hackers, and start monitoring your online activity. These cyber criminals use this remote access to steal the financial credentials of the users including the bank account details, credit card numbers, emails, shopping passwords, and browsing history. Besides that, you will notice the huge difference in the performance of your PC as this malicious application utilize most of the space available on the system, and other system resources due to which you cannot access many of the basic system utilities.
The Manual Removal of 4Squared
After getting infected your system with the 4Squared virus you need to delete this virus at your earliest. There are automatic removal tools that are easy to use for the basic level users. The manual removal method to remove this infection is also available which is extremely difficult. Following are the instructions for the manual removal of this virus:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must access the safe mode operation in order to start the manual removal process. Restart the PC and hit the F8 key to access the boot options menu, and select the Safe Mode option, before hitting the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Now you need to end the malicious processes associated with the 4Squared infection by using the windows task manager. Open the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background. You have to remove the following associated process of this virus by using the End Process button before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder with the help of file explorer, and delete the following associated files of the 4Squared infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed after removing the modifications from the windows registry. You have to open the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries associated with the 4Squared:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\4Squared\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\4Squared\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\4Squared\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\4Squared\DisplayName 4Squared
Restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the instructions. Update the antivirus, and run a system scan before start using the system.