The 2YourFace is another variation of nasty adware viruses and sneaks in the computers secretly. This tricky adware program changes everything in your internet browser once installed, and whenever you try to search anything or open a website, you will be redirected to the unwanted and unknown pop-up ads. Besides that, this malicious application changes your default browser, modify your DNS settings, and a;so alter your home page. Once installed, the 2YourFace restrict your access towards many of important utilities on your computer such as windows task manager, and registry editor. This infection can remove your most accessed data files folders permanently. You will notice that the performance along with the browsing speed is degrading every day unless you do not get rid of this malicious adware program. Mostly cyber crooks use this tool to access your personal financial details and steal your money.
The Manual Removal of 2YourFace
You must keep in mind that after detecting this virus on your system you can remove this in two ways, either by using the manual removal method which is only recommended for the advanced users, or by selecting any automatic removal tool which is easy and convenient. The instructions to remove this virus manually are as under:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
As we have mentioned you cannot access utilities like task manager and registry editor because of this virus therefore, you have to boot your system in the safe mode. Restart your computer and press the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options during the computer is restarted. Select the safe mode, and hit the enter key to restart the machine in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Use the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager through which you can delete the associated processes of this virus. Once the task manager window is accessed, click on the processes tab where you can see the list of running processes in the background on your PC. Delete the following malicious processes associated to this browser hijacker:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Following are the files that are hidden in the system files folder, and required to be removed quickly:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The last and most important step of this lengthy process is cleaning the windows registry. In this regard you have to click the start button, select Run, and type regedit to execute the registry editor. Delete the following corrupt entries related to the 2YourFace before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.2YourFace\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.2YourFace\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.2YourFace\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.2YourFace\DisplayName Adware.2YourFace
Once these steps are completed, run your system in the normal mode of operation to check the effect of recent changes. Do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus program in order to remove the infections caused by the 2YourFace.