The 100k Search Virus is a vicious browser hijacker infection that can make your system completely useless if not removed effectively. Once the 100k Search Virus enters in the system, it changes the default settings, and tries to take complete control of the infected computer to perform its illegal activities. This malicious application can divert your search queries towards unknown websites where you can get additional parasites. Besides that, this nasty browser hijacker also brings annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your PC, and all such ads are related to the commercial advertisements of the low quality products. Moreover, you will see a lot of error message and fake alerts that shows your system is high risk. You will be asked to purchase the paid version of this infection, but keep in mind that this is a trap that is set by hackers for you.
The Manual Removal of 100k Search Virus
After discovering this nasty browser hijacker on your hard drive, you need to remove this virus within no time. There are some reliable automatic tools available through which you can delete this infection easily within just a few clicks of your mouse. The manual removal of the 100k Search Virus is also possible yet complicated:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must boot the system in the safe mode so that the manual removal of this browser hijacker can be started. Restart your PC, and access the boot option menu by pressing the F8 key continuously while the system is restarting. After accessing the boot options, select the Safe mode option, and hit the Enter to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Once the task manager is accessed you should click on the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see the list of processes running in the background. Kill the following associated process of the 100k Search Virus by using the End Process button before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following suspicious files considered as associated with the 100k Search Virus from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\100k Search Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\100k Search Virus\100k Search Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to restore the windows registry to complete the manual removal process by removing the corrupt entries. Open the start menu, select Run option, and type Regedit in the box to start the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following suspicious entries associated with the 100k Search Virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\100k Search Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\100k Search Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\100k Search Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\100k Search Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\100k Search Virus\DisplayName 100k Search Virus
Close the registry editor, and restart your computer in the normal mode to see the virus is removed successfully or still available.