How to Uninstall / Remove 0jbji0os8.com.
The 0jbji0os8.com is a malicious application that is specifically designed to harm the windows based computers. It is classified as a redirect virus that can infect all the major browsers including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox. Once installed, the 0jbji0os8.com takes over your default browser, modify your default search engine, and redirect all your searches towards unknown places. Whenever you try to open a website, you will be automatically diverted towards strange websites, and unknown places. You will notice new toolbars on your browser window, and it also alters your homepage. This malicious application presents itself as a legitimate search engine, but actually this is a redirect virus that is wisely designed by the hackers to trap the innocent users and steal their confidential financial details. These details may include the bank account credentials, credit card details, and shopping preferences. All such personal details are then used to steal the money of the users through online frauds. The notorious hackers also use this infection as a tool to promote affiliate products and third party websites in order to gain the financial profits. It is also capable of manipulating the search results to divert traffic on the low ranked websites.
- Let your computer in safe mode.
- Uninstall / Remove 0jbji0os8.com (and other unwanted programs) from the software list.
- Remove 0jbji0os8.com with Spy hunter.
- Remove 0jbji0os8.com from Internet Explorer.
- Remove 0jbji0os8.com from Firefox.
- Remove 0jbji0os8.com from Google Chrome.
How to remove 0jbji0os8.com from Google Chrome
- Start Google Chrome and click on the option Customized and Control Google Chrome it is represented by a 3-Lines icon located at the top-right corner of the browser so as you can see on the screenshot below.
- Select now the option Tools, then, click on Extensions. It opens a window showing all the installed Extensions and plug-ins of Google Chrome.
- Locate adware or Potentially Unwanted Program and click the Trash icon to delete the malicious extension.
- On the left side menu, click on Settings to display current configuration of Google Chrome.
- Scroll down to the ‘On startup’ section with the option ‘Open a specific page or set of pages’ and click on Set pages.
- Click on the X button to remove the unwanted or hijacked start page from Google Chrome.
- If there is only one startup page and the default start-page is removed, you should create a new preferred web address by clicking Add a new page and type http://www.google.com to set Google as your default startup page.
- Next scroll down to the ‘Appearance’ section.
- Put a Check mark on Show Home Button and click Change.
- Select then the ‘Use the New Tab page’ option. This will disable the new tab option from opening to adware. Click OK to save the current settings.
- Next, you need to restore the default search engine. Scroll down to the ‘Search’ section and click on the option Manage search engines…
Manual Removal of Ads by 0jbji0os8.com
Once this virus enters in the system, you have to remove it effectively to avoid any permanent damage to your resources or data. In this regard, you can get help from any reliable automatic removal tool. Besides that, you can also use the complicated instructions of the manual removal process according to the following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot remove such stubborn infections by remaining in the normal mode of operation; therefore, it is important to access the safe mode. This can be done by using the F8 key while the system is restarting, and select the Safe Mod option from the boot options list.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you have to open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Under the task manager window, you have to click on the processes tab to find as well as remove the following malicious processes associated with this infection: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and get rid of the following corrupt files associated with the 0jbji0os8.com:-
- %Desktopdir%\ Ads by 0jbji0os8.comp.lnk
- %Programs%\Ads by 0jbji0os8.com\ Ads by 0jbji0os8.comp.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to access the registry editor by running the RegEdit command through the Start Menu. You have to remove the following associated entries of the 0jbji0os8.com, by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ 0jbji0os8.comp\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ 0jbji0os8.comp
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ 0jbji0os8.com\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ 0jbji0os8.comp\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\ 0jbji0os8.comp\DisplayName 0jbji0os8.comp
Restart the machine in the normal mode and see if the Grabsofts.com pop-up adware infection is removed completely or still available. Run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus program.